E-commerce is a major and growing fact of life in the global retail industry. Cumulative data compiled within The Enterprise Guide to Global Ecommerce anticipates a 246.15% increase in worldwide e-commerce sales, from $1.3 trillion in 2014 to $4.5 trillion in 2021. That’s a nearly threefold lift in online revenue. *
For CPG manufacturers, those numbers bring both promise and opportunity to join with their trading partners to rule the shelf – whether that shelf is physical or digital.
With online sales expected to grow almost 3x traditional retail sales, the data created from those transactions must be integrated just like any other sales data to optimize the shopper experience. RSi can help users understand and plan for the impact of e-commerce demand on store inventory:
Item + Store + Day + Omnichannel = Efficiency, Time Savings, Ease of Use
- »Assortment Planning: Understanding if a product should be offered online vs. in store.
- »Out-Of-Stock/On-Shelf Availability Impact: Tracking and planning for online orders that are filled with store inventory.
- »Price Integrity: Bringing transparency to pricing in-store and online to maximize profitability.
- »Better Insights: Clarity of retailer supply chain initiatives and consumer shopping patterns.
- »Better Reporting: Streamlined, easy-to-use, daily data presented through dashboards.
With state-of-the-art reporting and data visualization solutions (delivered through Power BI from Microsoft), all RSi customers have the visibility, agility and intelligence they need to dynamically manage their omnichannel businesses every day.
- »Track and trend online and in-store sales every day, by UPC and by store/region
- »Forecast future sales by channel, UPC and by store/region
- »Predict demand patterns across fulfillment centers, DCs, and/or stores
- »Manage the ever-increasing demands that both online and in-store sales are placing on in-store inventory levels
With unparalleled industry knowledge, advanced digital technology solutions and proven data expertise, this omnichannel visibility dataset is built into all RSi offerings, which empowers companies to rule the shelf, own the future and generate profitable results.
The RSi Advantage:
*Cleansed, harmonized, real-time data at the most granular level. (Get yesterday’s data, today – at the store-item-day level.)
*Unmatched, end-to-end supply chain expertise for CPG and private label.
*Streamlined, easy-to-use dashboards to create better-informed business decisions.